Tuesday, May 27, 2008

ASK ANTONIO





WE ARE OUR OWN WORST CRITIC

I remember as a child I was told that I look like Gonzo from the Muppet Show because of my nose. I know some kids can be mean, but this stayed with me for many years. Finally, in my early 30's I was able to shake off the poison that gave me a major insecurity with myself. Nowadays, I think my nose is my strongest asset; from my Portugese and Ethopian heritage my big nose was born.

Daily, I hear people sit in my chair and share with me what they consider to be their facial weaknesses. Most of us are our own worst critics.

Before even getting into hair, I bring my client's attention to all the strong points of their face that I see before even agreeing with them or providing a hair style designed to hide their face.

From cheekbones, jawlines, beautiful eyes and sexy necks, we all possess at least one of these if not two!! My point is, get a haircut that compliments your features, not one to hide them. I strongly discourage language that is going to make my clients feel that I agree with them pointing out what they feel are their weaknesses.

Let's all embrace our gifts and find a stylist that can educate you on your assests, rather than someone that's going to take them away!!!

0 comments: