Tuesday, April 14, 2009

NEED HELP CHOOSING THE RIGHT COLOR?


READER

Hi Antonio!!

I saw your blog and was reading through a lot of your posts, and you really have a gift with hair!

: ) It is so rare to see a good stylist now a days! I have been to possibly 10 different salons, most of which had me leaving with bad hair and tears!

I recently lost my job as a Graphics Designer in January and it has been tough. To make matters worse, my hair is awful!! I last had my hair done before I was let go from my job. I even gave a picture to the stylist of how I wanted my hair done, but it did not come out the way I thought it would. So with losing my job and having bad hair....well, it's terrible!! I have never really been able to find a good color or style.

And that's where you come in Antonio!!! : ) I trust your opinion! And would love to have your advice as to what I can do with my hair.

I am of half Asian decent, so I have very straight, thin hair. I like the thicker hair look, but many of the products I have tried have not worked for me. Can you suggest one?

Can you suggest what color or if I should get highlights for my hair? I would like to go lighter, but have no idea what color. I usually tan nicely in the summer. (in the pictures I am pretty fair skinned because it is still somewhat cold outside)

Any help or information would be a HUGE help!!!

You are a God-send!!!
Thanks so much!!!

ANTONIO

Thanks for writing. You look just like my niece who happens to be half Asian as well as beautiful!! But that child has hair for an army!!

Okay let’s address this situation. First, I am sorry to hear about your bad experiences. There are many talented stylists out there but sadly you will meet a few color blind weed whackers before you actually find the right match. Fine hair is actually a challenge I know very well. I deal
with it on most days. In your case let’s start with the basics.

LAYERING THE RIGHT PRODUCTS

The first product in the line up is Lotion Densitive GL. This leave-in spray treatment has seriously changed the way hair feels. Use it sparingly because a little goes a very long way. It’s important to hydrate even fine hair. Now let’s be honest. This product is not wonderful just because it is by Kerastase. It truly is fabulous. We all know that Kerastase has some products I will not touch with a 10 foot pole. (did someone say Chroma Reflect?) Any hoo, by itself this spray strengthens fine hair and at the same time it is a great styling tool.



The second is the Fiber Lift by Shu Uemura. This product is easily the best volumizing product on the market, I would bet my dog Snoopy on it!! No seriously, the shine, the lift, the bounce, the life changing experience!! Okay let me not get too carried away, but you get the picture. I would also use very little of this product. Let’s combine these two products by layering them applying the Kerastase spray first then the Fiber Lift second. Shazam!



STYLING TIP

The trick is to pre-dry the root area of your hair before using a brush, this will give you lift from the start. Round brushes and Velcro rollers may be an option as well. Have you tried rollers yet?
If you need any of these products or tools go to the Eva Scrivo Salon website and they will ship everything to you. www.evascrivo.com



YOUR NEW HAIR COLOR

As you know, I could make a color recommendation but its up to the stylist you use to execute the final product. Your stylist will also know the existing color or colors on your hair now and how to work with them.

I would use the Special Blonds by Wella Koleston Perfect. The colors come in many beautiful shades and lift well especially fine hair. They can also be left in the hair for longer than 45 minutes. My favorite shades are 12/1 and 12/11 mixed with double 40 volume peroxide. These two shades control brassy tones, leaving behind a gorgeous blond. A great low light to accompany this blond shade is 7/0 and 7/3 by Wella Color Touch with 1.9 peroxide.

http://www.wellaprofessionals.co.uk/hairdresser/products/color/koleston_perfect/coloring_with_kp/salon_consultation_tools.jsp

I hope this was helpful and if you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

AFG

0 comments: